This page represents a jumping off point for all of my online endeavors, my various "hats" if you will. Feel free to explore.
RoCeMaBra Web Services
is the umbrella covering all of my online activities. The name stems from the first names of my family
members, ROger, my wife CEce, and adult sons MAtthew and BRAdley.
RCMB, the abbreviation that also refers to the umbrella, is not a real
business, and I don't depend on it for income. But it does offer a number of services to my "clients," i.e., the other web projects
elsewhere on this page, including E-mail delivery, mailing list support, web design, spam protection, and various web applications
developed as CGI-based pages.
I publish a few podcasts and hope the list will grow.
Todd Rundgren stuff
I have been a fan of Todd Rundgren's music since the early 1970s. Surveying the early web in 1994, I found few good sources of TR
information, so I decided to start my own. The site has grown to many thousands of Megs with more than a million visits since its
inception. Fan particpation is a big part of its success. And it doesn't hurt that Todd Rundgren himself has endorsed the site as
an "authorized fan site."
In 1995, another TR fan, Debbie Sommer, and I met and decided to put together a fan party for West Coast fans, dubbing it
ToddFest/West. It's been going for over seventeen years and is firmly established as an "event" for Todd Fans all over.
I've was a member of Calvary Lutheran Church in Rio Linda, California (yes, the same Rio Linda that Rush Limbaugh made so infamous)
for more than 50 years. Although I'm no longer a member, I still support their web site.
- How Majestic - Calvary's former contemporary music team. I played guitar and sing with the
group, and planned the bi-weekly services at which we played.
- Sacramento Conference 8 - Sierra Pacific Synod - ELCA - I was the Conference
Communicator, keeping area churches informed of activities through this web site, as well as e-mail distribution services. The domain SacramentoConferenceELCA.org was retired, and my communicator term, which began with my appointment sometime in 1996, ended on April 25, 2014.
- Sacramento Lutheran Television - SLTV was formed in 2003 by Diane Lowe and me to develop
Lutheran television programming in the Sacramento area. Our weekly cable access show was called "Lutherans ALIVE!" and was on
the air for three years.
- North State Ecumenical Conference - A cooperative of Christian church bodies throughout Northern California,
based in Sacramento.
- Lutheran Church of the Ascension - We joined Ascension in November, 2008. I don't have anything to do with its web site (yet). But I am the Praise Band Director.
Antelope, California, has been my home since 1994. Early on, I thought about developing a web site for the town, but somebody
beat me to it. I contributed a bit to it, and over time it just sort of faded away. I renewed an interest in developing it
again in 2002, but failed to get the attention of those who could make some of the address changes I needed. But in 2004 I was
successful and am developing a new site under the old Antelope.CA.US address. A point of trivia: I actually am initially reponsible
for creating the Antelope.CA.US domain, because of my desire to register rocemabra.antelope.ca.us, my first personal domain.
The .ca.us registrar had to
create antelope.ca.us in order to add mine, and I was the nominal owner until the first Antelope Community Web was born.
In 2009, changing rules for .us domains forced a loss of the domain, so I am no longer maintaining an Antelope web site.
High School Class Reunion Websites
In 1999, I attended my wife's 20-year class reunion, lamenting the fact that my own class had not had a reunion since 1981.
I decided that it was time to do something about it. Over the next two years I found a significant portion of the class, formed
a reunion committee and succeeded in having our 30-year reunion. I developed this web site, and used it as a template for class
reunion sites for my wife's and my sister's classes as well.
I have loved music forever, and have sung in school choirs, played in the school band, learned to play guitar, and have composed
over 50 pieces of music. A special accomplishment is my two rock operas, one written in 1973/1974, the other in 2001, both based on
the same set of music. I've also developed web pages for some folks in the music industry, primarily introduced to me by my
association with Todd Rundgren.
I joined the Capital Communicators Toastmasters Club
to improve my public speaking
and podcasting skills in April, 2006. The club meets weekly at my workplace. I have server as VP Membership, Club President and served as VP Education and Area 62 Governor. I've earned my Competent Communicator, Advanced Communicator Bronze, Competent Leader and Advanced Leader Bronze awards. I also represented my club in the Area 54 Humorous Speech contest.
- Podcast for the club
- Speech #1 - Music Will Be My Life (April 20, 2006)
- Speech #2 - Podcasting (May 25, 2006)
- Thought #1 - True Love (June 15, 2006)
- Speech #3 - A Tale of Three Kitties (August 24, 2006)
- Table Topics #1 - Only Golden Fingers Could Play So Heavy (October 12, 2006)
- Speech #4 - SPAM is a four-letter word (December 14, 2006)
- Table Topics #2 - Holiday Entertainment (December 21, 2006)
- Speech #5 - ...Its Five-Year Mission... (February 1, 2007)
- Speech #6 - Six Years Ago (March 29, 2007)
- Speech #7 - 24/7 Need For Blood (May 24, 2007)
- Speech #8 - November 8th (June 21, 2007)
- Speech #9 - My Very Elegant Mother Just Sat Upon Nine Porcupines (January 17, 2008)
- Speech #10 - Ten Strangers (February 28, 2008)
- Speech #11 - It's Hard to be a Fan (August 28, 2008) - The Entertaining Speaker
- Speech #12 - "Rumplestiltsken" (November 6, 2008) - Interpretive Reading
- Speech #13 - Selections from Lewis Carroll (December 4, 2008) - Interpretive Reading
- Speech #14 - Court (August 27, 2009) - Interpretive Reading
- Speech #15 - Excerpts from the "Checkers" speech (May 26, 2011) - Interpretive Reading
- Speech #16 - Little Orphan Cecelia Annie (June 28, 2012) - The Entertaining Speaker
- Speech #17 - Every 5,000 Days (August 23, 2012) - The Entertaining Speaker
- Speech #18 - "A Wife for a Life" - by Eugene O'Niell (September 6, 2012) - Interpretive Reading
- Speech #19 - Victim (October 4, 2012) - The Entertaining Speaker
- Speech #20 - Victor (October 4, 2012) - The Entertaining Speaker