While How Majestic has not formally disbanded, they are no longer actively playing music together.
How Majestic was originally formed as the contemporary music team for
Calvary Lutheran Church, Rio Linda.
Through various incarnations, they've been together since 1998, established
initially to lead a weekly Sunday evening service. Their name comes from the song
"How Majestic Is Your Name" (they took it literally) by Michael W. Smith, which was
a popular, early favorite in their repertoire.
Prior to that, they were known merely as "the music team."
A complete history has been written.
In addition to Sundays at Calvary through 2005, they have also played
- for four Sacramento Conference assemblies (2000 - Calvary; 2001 - Gethsemane; 2002 - American, Woodland; 2004 - Calvary)
- for Easter Vigil services (with Bishop Mattheis and Bishop Mullen)
- for a special Lutheran/Catholic service presided over by Bishop Weigand
- for the wedding of Bart and Mara Anderson
- for a memorial gathering for Jackie O'Brien
- for the ordination of Eric Griffith
- in a special concert to raise funds for cancer research
- in the world premiere of "40 Days: Resurrection to Ascension"
- at a Sacramento Conference reception honoring Bishop-Elect David Mullen
- at the installation of Bishop David Mullen
- at an Ice Cream Social at Atonement Lutheran Church, Sacramento, CA
- for the wedding of Scott and Bethany Davis
- for the wedding of Bill and Paula Perkins
- in the North Highlands Memorial Day parade in 2003 and 2004
- at weekly Taizé services during Lent 2003
- at bi-weekly Taizé services
- on the Lutherans ALIVE! television program
- at Holden Evening Prayer during Lent 2002 and 2003
- at the 50th Anniversary of Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, Sacramento
- at the installation service for Rev. Martin L. Lettow
- for neighborhood Christmas Caroling
- at Sierra Pacific Synod Gathering 2004 worship
- at Rio Linda's 10th annual Farm and Tractor Days
- at the Dorothy Booker Interfaith Musicale
- at "Celebrate America!" Memorial Day event - Advent Lutheran Church
- at "Worship in the Park" - Rio Linda Depot Park
- at the "Lutherans ALIVE!" GALA Celebration event in 2004
- for "Christmas Memories" at the California Governors mansion
- and developed Rock Music Sundays in 2001,
The most recent lineup is:
|Christopher Carlson||Guitar, Vocals|
|Bethany Davis||Keyboards, Vocals|
|Tom Kent||Guitar, Vocals|
|Roger Linder||Guitar, Vocals, Keyboard programming|
|Carol Milloway||Guitar, Vocals|
Former members include Andrew Davis, Teri Delise, Dylan Espegren, Marti Felter, Linda Griffith, Kellene Kozub, Matt Linder, Nancy Moormeier, Jamie Topper, Pete Weber and Elaine Wersky.
Sound technicians are Roger Linder and John Kreutzer.
Calvary's contemporary worship is held on alternate Sundays throughout the year.
How Majestic uses a number of sources for its music selection, including original compositions, The Other Song Book and With One Voice.
Its repertoire is varied and includes over 500 songs.
|May 6, 2001|
Communications for How Majestic can be sent to