Index to ancestors of
This index will make it slightly easier to navigate my notes (the initial number is the Ahnentafel number.)
1. Muriel Laverne Dado Linder
- Father - Joseph H Dado
- Mother - Clara Thorissa Anderson
- Grandfather - Simon Dado
- Grandmother - Pearl Varhol
- Grandfather - Thomas Anderson
- Grandmother - Carrie Thompson
- Great-Grandfather - Joannes (John) Degyo *
- Great-Grandmother - Anna Cucvara *
- Great-Grandfather - Andrew Varchol
- Great-Grandmother - Anna Szarics
- Great-Grandfather - Olaf Anderson/Anders Olsen Briskodden
- Great-Grandmother - Annie Olson/Anne Olsdatter Farsjø
- Great-Grandfather - Arne Thompson
- Great-Grandmother - Eli Eriksdatter Aaberg
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Petrus Degyo *
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Anna ? *
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Daniel Cucvara
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Anna ? *
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Nicholas Varhol
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Anna Boris
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Joannes ?? Szarics *
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Unknown
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Ole Olson
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Anne Andersdatter
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Ole Nilsmundsen Farsjø
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Asborg Thomasdatter Våje
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Tosten Anderson Udgaardsbratten
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Anne Amundsdatter
- Great-Great-Grandfather - Erik Andersen Aaberg
- Great-Great-Grandmother - Kari Hansdatter
Joseph DedyoCousin to my grandfather.
- What is the name of his father? Is it also Joseph? According to records below, Petrus Degyo & Maria Demko were his parents.
- Are there any siblings? See tree info below
- Where in "Austria" was he born? Komlosa
- When did he come to the United States? Seems to be around 1910
- His wife Mary was born in Pennsylvania but their five children were born in New York. Where did they meet and marry? When? Mary Korba was born in Stockton, PA to John Korba and Anastasia Hudak. They were originally from Komlosa.
- Why can't the family be found in any other census other than 1940?
|NAME||Sacrament||Date||Spouse/Notes||Maternal Parents||Paternal Parents||Village/House (female/male)||Page #||Comments||Book|
|Degyo,Basilius||B||2/9/1826||Anna||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa||123/266||Vaszil Choma/Pelagia Podany|
|Piddany,Michael||M||10/14/1836||Paraskevia Degyo||Petrus Degyo||Michael Piddany||Komlosa/Komlosa||198/266||Demetrius Szoljanics/Elias Szivanics|
|Degyo,Joannes||M||11/7/1842||Anna Chuchvara||Daniel Chuchvara||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa/Komlosa||201/266||Stephanius Zbihlej/Nicolaus Michalcsin/Michal Piddany|
|Degyo,Julia||B||10/17/1878||Maria Vancak?||Petro Degyo||Komlosa||20/388||Stefan Szivanics/Maria Rusiniak ?|
|Degyo,Maria 44yo widow||D||11/6/1879||Petri Degyo ( dead)||Komlosa||104/388||B2|
|Degyo,Petrus 24yo widow||M||11/23/1879||Maria Demko 20yo||?||?||Komlosa/Komlosa||89/388||Lesko Jaroscsak/Demetri Kurty||B2|
|Dedyo,Eva||B||2/12/1881||Maria Demko||Petro Dedyo||Komlosa||24/388||Vasil Rusiniak/Paraska Havrish|
|Dedyo,Eva||D||2/10/1882||Maria Demko||Petro Dedyo||24/388|
|Degyo,Andreas||B||10/15/1882||Maria Demko||Petro Degyo||Komlosa||27/388||Vasil Russiniak/Anna Pagacs|
|Dedyo,Maria||B||8/14/1884||Maria Demko||Petrus Dedyo||Komlosa||31/388||Joannes Dubivsky/Parascevia Tarasar Havrish|
|Degyo,Parascevia||B||5/29/1887||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa||41/388||Joannes Dubivsky/Parascevia Lazio Tarasar|
|Degyo,Parascevia||D||12/24/1888||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||41/388|
|Degyo,Parascevia 1 3/4yo||D||12/24/1888||Maria Demko||Petri Degyo||Komlosa 19||116/388||B2|
|Degyo,Demetrius||B||3/16/1889||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa 19||46/388||Antonius Szarics/Eva Chuchvara Havrish|
|Degyo,Anastasia||B||4/16/1891||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa||52/388||Andreas Dubivsky/Eva Havrish|
|Degyo,Josefus||B||1/2/1894||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa 10||57/388||Antonius Szarics/Anna Ruszinyak||B2|
|Degyo,Parascevia||B||12/12/1895||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa 119||61/388||Andreas Dubivsky/Juliana Szarics|
|Degyo,Petrus||B||8/15/1899||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||Komlosa||67/388||Andreas Dubivsky/Maria Biros|
|Degyo,Petrus||D||9/20/1900||Maria Demko||Petrus Degyo||67/388|
|Degyo,Andreas||D||11/1/1949 ?||Maria Demko||Petro Degyo||27/388|
Marriage of Hemeter Dedyo to Mary Zbihley
Hemeter is son of Peter Degyo and Mary Demko, brother of Joseph Dedyo. It's likely the name is actually Demeter/Demetris/Mitro as seen in above table for person born 3/16/1889. Profile of Hemeter Dedyo in Swantek-Jaggars tree
Family Tree of Petrus DegyoPetrus (Peter) is likely a uncle of my grandfather, Joseph Dado and brother to Simon Dado.
- Petrus Degyo
born about 1855
- Spouse: Maria Vancak?
- Daughter: Julia Degyo 17 Oct 1878 - ??
- Spouse: Maria Demko born about 1859 married 23 Nov 1879
- Daughter: Eva Dedyo 12 Feb 1881 - 10 Feb 1881
- Son: Andreas Degyo 15 Oct 1882 - 1 Nov 1949
- Daughter: Maria Dedyo 14 Aug 1884 - ??
- Daughter: Parascevia Degyo 29 May 1887 - 24 Dec 1888
- Son: Demetrius "Mitro" Degyo
15 Aug 1888 - ??
or 15 Mar 1889 - 4 Jan 1979
Baptised: 16 Mar 1889
- Spouse: Mary F Zbihley 1890–13 Mar 1968 Married 27 May 1911 in Yonkers
- Daughter: Anna Dedyo
- Spouse: John J Biesiada
- Son: William Dedyo
1928–10 Sep 2011
- Spouse: Alice Kovalan 1936-December 1, 2015
- Daughter: Mary Dedyo
- Spouse: Anthony Gospodarek Married 1943
- Son: Thomas Gospodarek
- Daughter: Carol Gospodarek
- Spouse: Daniel M Hart married Carol Gospodarek on June 1965, in 0905, New Jersey, United States.
- Daughter: Marilyn Gospodarek
- Daughter: Helen Dedyo
- Daughter: Anastasia Degyo 16 Apr 1891 - ??
- Son: Josephus Degyo 2 Jan 1894 - May 1980
- Daughter: Parascevia Degyo 12 Dec 1895 - ??
- Son: Petrus Degyo 15 Aug 1899 - 20 Sep 1900
- Found in 1940 Census in Yonkers, NY. Born in 1894 in Austria. Died May 1980
From SSDI - JOSEPH DEDYO Born:2 Jan 1894 Died: May 1980 Age:86 Last Residence: Yonkers, Westchester, NY 10701 Issued By: New York SSN: 126-09-3218
- Wife: Mary Korba (Born: 22 May 1895, PA, Died: 10 August 1993, Yonkers, NY)
- Daughter: Anna (Born: 25 May 1923, Died: 23 Mar 1976, Yonkers, NY)
Find a Grave
- Married: Samuel J. Kowalick 15 Jul 1923 - 19 July 2007
- Daughter: Carol Kowalick (22 August 1947)
- Daughter: Patricia Kowalick - Probably Patti Rosen (23 December 1952)
- Daughter: Theresa - 1956-1956
- Daughter: Linda Kowalick (13 April 1957)
- Son: Samuel John Kowalick - Probably Sam Kowalick (18 Jul 1959)
- Son: Joseph - Born abt: 1927, NY. Birthday is June 20.
Theodora Cioffredi (b. 3 February 1930) - 4 February 1956
Wedding announcement Yonkers Herald Statesman
- 6 February 1956 -
- 1 Feb 1956
- Son: Christopher Dedyo - Birthday, 5 September
- Daughter: Lisa Dedyo
- Married: Theodora Cioffredi (b. 3 February 1930) - 4 February 1956 Wedding announcement Yonkers Herald Statesman - 6 February 1956 - License posted - 1 Feb 1956
(b. 1932, NY)
- Married: Miriam Ramos Dedyo
- Son: John Joseph Dado (Also Partner at Weil, Gotshal & Manges )
David Francis Dedyo
Lives in: San Francisco, CA
- Married: Mary Sky
Tanya Ann Dedyo
Born abt 1963.
Tanya Dedyo and Kerry Rosen are pediatricians.
- Married Kerry Rosen (Married 9 August 1997 in Texas)
- Daughter: Erin Rosen
Paul Mark Dedyo
- Hillsboro, OR
- Married to Susan Serres
- Daughter: Helen (b. 1934, NY, possibly around April 12)
- Married: Joseph James Shepley (born abt 1930) - Married 25 September 1955 Died: 26 March 2016
- Daughter: Pamela Shepley
- Daughter: MaryEllen Shepley
- Daughter: Susan Ann Shepley (30 August 1957) (Source: Yonkers Herald Statesman - 9 September 1957 )
- Married: Emily Roberts
- Children: Stella, El, ?. Son born Spring 2013.
- Son: Harry Peter
(28 June 1936, NY)
SUNCOAST OBITUARIES - Friday, April 18, 2003
REMUS, VICTORIA H., 94, of Clearwater, died Tuesday (April 15, 2003) at Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater. She was born in Shenandoah, Pa., and came here in 2000 from Ewing, N.J. She was a homemaker and Catholic. Survivors include a son, Ernest A., Clearwater; a daughter, Joann Dedyo, Yonkers, N.Y.; a sister, Josephine Lucas, New Jersey; and three grandchildren. E. Dale Gunter Funeral Home & Cremation Services, St. Petersburg.
Gregory Christian Dedyo
(28 June 1961)
NY Times article from 2 December 2001, regarding art and Traumatic Brain Injury, where Gregory is mentioned as an artist after his injury.
10 January 2008 Article mention Gregory and skiiing/cross training. (Paid content for full article)
- Married: Rita Giordano
- Married: Jodi Bailey
- Engagement Announcement
- Daughter: Michele Dedyo
- Married: JoAnn Remus
- Daughter: Anna (Born: 25 May 1923, Died: 23 Mar 1976, Yonkers, NY)
- Other family members?
- Tyrin Shepley - Probably a relation to Joseph James Shepley, but not Dedyo related
- Tarissa Shepley - Probably a relation to Joseph James Shepley, but not Dedyo related
- Dedyo Contact Info: at W9R.com
Mary Dedyo Haleckydied 12/30/2012 at the age of 102 in Yonkers, NY. Death records put her birth on May 12, 1910. Her birth puts her 16 years after Joseph Dedyo Sr and 13 years before Ann Dedyo, indicating she could be a much younger sister to Joseph, or the daughter of an older brother.
Confirmed 27 July 2016 by John Dedyo that Mary was niece to Joseph Dedyo.
Her obituary indicates a son Andrew Halecky in Florida (possibly Lutz or Apopka?). Her husband was also Andrew Helecky and they married in 1929.
In Memory of Mary HaleckyHer husband, Andrew Halecky, lived from 25 October 1904 - 01 August 1984.
May 12, 1910 - December 30, 2012
Mary Halecky (nee Dedyo) of Yonkers died at home on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at age 102. Mrs. Halecky worked as a weaver for Alex Smith Carpet Shop for many years prior to her retirement. In 1929 she married Andrew Halecky in Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, he died in 1984. Mary remained a devoted member of the Parish. She is survived by her son Andrew who resides in Florida. Her four grandchildren; Richard, Robert, Debbie Lotz and Laura Boyd and three great-grandchildren Brandon Lotz and Kristen and Nicholas Boyd. Visiting hours will be at the Whalen and Ball Funeral Home on Friday from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. Funeral Services will be held in Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church on Saturday, January 5th at 9:30 a.m. Interment Oakland Cemetery.
Whalen & Ball Funeral Home
168 Park Avenue
Yonkers, New York 10703
Helen Dedyo was a bridesmaid at Andrew and Helen's wedding. Joseph Dedyo was an usher. This suggests a family relationship.
Anna Goydosh Zubkoff, Helen's mother.
Four grandchildren: Richard Halecky, Robert Jason Halecky (1960?), Debbie Lotz and Laura Boyd and three great-grandchildren Brandon Lotz and Kristen and Nicholas Boyd.
Other associated names: Helen Zubkoff Halecky (wife of Andrew Halecky Jr, possibly b. 1932, married 1954), Elizabeth Birdsong (Renee Halecky), Stephen Birdsong, Don Birdsong, Harold Lotz, Nancy Lotz, John Lotz, Brandon Lotz, James Boyd.
An Andrew Halecky born in 1862 is buried in Yonkers. His father or other relative?
There also appears to be another Andrew (1903), Anna (1903), Andrew Jr (1927), Helen Halecky (1933), also in Florida.
This alternate Andrew may be the subject of this inquiry.
Mary Dedyo family tree1910-2012
- Spouse: Andrew Halecky, Sr. 1904-1984
- Son: Andrew Halecky, Jr.
- Spouse: Helen Zubkoff Born 1932? Married August 7, 1954
- Son: Robert Jason Halecky
Born: 29 May 1969
- Spouse?: Elizabeth Renee Birdsong (Renee)
- Son: Richard S. Halecky Born 05 June 1976 in Los Angeles, CA
- Daughter: Debbie Halecky
born about 1962
- Spouse: Harold? or John? Lotz
- Son: Brandon Lotz Born about 1985
- Daughter: Laura Halecky
Born about 1967
- Spouse: James? Boyd
- Daughter: Kristen Boyd
- Son: Nicholas Boyd
Powell DedyoBorn about 1868. Immigrated about 1985 Appears in 1910 Census in Old Forge Ward 3, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania. Possible father to Mary Dedyo, born 1910? Family Tree
- Spouse: Mary Dedyo Born about 1870. Immigrated about 1896.
- Daughter: Eva Dedyo Borna about 1901
- Son: Wasko Dedyo born about 1904
- Son: Michael Dedyo Born about 1908
Joseph DudaHe's listed as a Coal Miner, the same occupation held by Simon Dado and from the same town. Probably just a coincidence in names. A draft card for the younger Joseph Duda is here. Based on other information presented for Joseph Dedyo, there does not seem to be a connection.
- 1900 Census (as Joseph Duda)
Name: Joseph Duda Titles and Terms: Event Type: Census Event Year: 1900 Event Place: East Union Township Brandonville village, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States District: 142 Gender: Male Age: 37 Marital Status: Married Race: White Race (Original): W Relationship to Head of Household: Head Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head Number of Living Children: Years Married: 14 Birth Date: Mar 1863 Birthplace: Austria Marriage Year (Estimated): 1886 Immigration Year: 1883 Father's Birthplace: Austria Mother's Birthplace: Austria Mother of how many children: Sheet Number and Letter: 12B Household ID: 211 Line Number: 54 Affiliate Name: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Affiliate Publication Number: T623 GS Film Number: 1241483 Digital Folder Number: 004115227 Image Number: 00487 Household Gender Age Birthplace Head Joseph Duda M 37 Austria Wife Annie Duda F 38 Austria Daughter Annie Duda F 10 Penna Daughter Mary Duda F 8 Penna Daughter Julia Duda F 3 Penna Son Joseph Duda M 1 Penna Stepson Nicholas Potproc M 17 Austria
WILLIAM DEGYO BAYONNE William 'Bill' Degyo, 82, passed away peacefully on Saturday, September 10th, at the Bayonne Medical Center. Bill was born in Bayonne and resided there all his life. He worked as a Supervisor for Maidenform Co. in Bayonne for 46 years. He was a lifetime Usher for St. John's Church in Bayonne. He was an avid Yankee fan. He is the beloved husband of 51 years of Alice (Kovalan); devoted son of the late Mary and Mitro Degyo; cherished brother of the late Ann Biesiada and Mary Gospodarek; loving uncle of Carol Hart, Candace Titanski, and Donna Hart. Private Services were held yesterday at the G. Keenen O'Brien Funeral Home; Entombment, Holy Cross Chapel Mausoleum. G. Keenen O'Brien Funeral Home, Inc. 984 Avenue C Bayonne, NJ 07002 (201) 339-0220 Published by The Jersey Journal on Sep. 14, 2011.
William F. Titanski, 74, of Greentown, passed away Tuesday, March 1st, at Julia Ribaudo Extended Care, Lake Ariel, Wayne County. He was the husband of Karen (Laux) Titanski, they were married for 54 years.
William was born in Jersey City, NJ on November 25, 1941, a son of the late Julia (Melnick) and Stanley Titanski. He was a retired truck driver who worked for J.M. Huber in Rariton, NJ for 29 years. He was an avid outdoorsman, enjoying hunting and fishing.
William is survived by four sons: William and his wife Brenda, Michael and his wife Jacki, Joseph and his wife Candace and Mark and his wife Amy Jo. Nine grandchildren: Jennifer, Stanley, Ryan, Laci, Adrienne, Dylan, Shayne, Riley and Nicholas. He was preceded in death by a brother Joseph Titanski.
Thomas Anthony Gospodarek, 72, of Las Cruces, died November 6, 2016. Thomas was born on July 8, 1944 to Anthony and Mary Gospodarek, in Bayonne, New Jersey. Tom earned his bachelorette degree at UTEP. He later opened DBest Driving school in El Paso, Tx, giving many the gift of the open road. He retired from educating drivers. Tom was a retiree from the Air Force reserves. Tom loved to sever others, volunteering at church. He entertained may with the stories of his life adventures. Tom did what he wanted, and lived life to its fullest potential. He truly loved, and often bragged about his grandchildren.Tom is survived by his sisters, Marilyn and Carol of New Jersey, his love of his life Patricia, four children Thomas, Dawn, Tony, Ron. 15 awesome grandchildren, and 2 great gradchildren. He was preceeded by his parents, Anthony and Mary. A special part of Tom's (AKA Jack's) life was his karaoke group singers of Las Cruces. We cannot thank you enough for always being there for Tom. Rest in peace Dad, you are loved and missed dearly,Your family and friends.
SMITH, JOHN A. "JACK" of Bayonne on March 14, 2004. Beloved husband of Marilyn (Gospodarek) Smith, Devoted father of John, Jacqueline Smith & Dorilynn Gordon, Loving brother of Cindy Muntzner, Ronald Smith, Eileen Mostafa, & the late Gary Nadolny. Also survived by 3 grandchildren. Funeral from the LEVIS FUNERAL HOME, 151 Avenue "C" (Corner of 5th St), Bayonne, NJ on Thur. March 18, 2004. Funeral Mass, St. Andrew R.C.Church at 10:30 am. Entombment, Holy Cross Chapel Mausoleum, No. Arlington, NJ. Visitation Wednesday 2-4 & 7-9 PM. IN LIEU OF FLOWERS, DONATIONS TO YOUR FAVORITE ORGANIZATION IN JACK'S NAME.
Alice Kovalan DegyoObituary
DEGYO, ALICE (nee: Kovalan) 79, passed away on December 1, 2015, at Saint Ann’s Home in Jersey City, NJ. Alice was born in Duryea, Pennsylvania, and resided there briefly before spending the rest of her life in Bayonne. She was a housewife. Wife of the William Degyo. Aunt of Carol Hart. Great-Aunt of Donna Hart, and Candace Titanski and her husband Joseph. Adoring Great Great Aunt of Michael Hart, Shayne Titanski, Riley Titanski and the late Dylan Titanski. Friend of Pauline Majoros. Funeral arrangements by G. KEENEN O’BRIEN Funeral Home, 984 Avenue C.
Helen Zubkoff HaleckyObituary
September 2, 1934 – August 19, 2017
Helen Halecky (nee Zubkoff) of Apopka, Florida passed away on August 19, 2017 at the age of 82 surrounded by her loving family at her bedside. Helen was born in Yonkers, New York on September 2, 1934 to Anna Gaydosh Zubkoff and married to Andrew “Andy” Halecky, Jr. on August 7, 1954 and happily wed for 63 years.
Helen was a long time resident of Florida. She was a homemaker and in her spare time enjoyed to read, cook and garden. Helen had a natural curiosity to learn new things but most of all she was a dedicated, loving mother and Grandmother.
Helen is survived by her husband, Andrew Halecky, Jr., and four children, Debbie Lotz, Laura Boyd, Robert Halecky and Richard Halecky, and her three grandchildren, Brandon Lotz, Kristen Boyd and Nicholas Boyd.
Helen is preceded in death by her mother, Anna Zubkoff, sister, Olga Blazich, and brother, Steve Zubkoff.
Graveside service will be held Saturday August 26, 2017 at 12:00 pm at Pine Forest Cemetery in Mt. Dora, Florida. Funeral arrangements being handled by Loomis Family Funeral Home in Apopka, Florida.