Samuel B. GrimesB: Abt 1790 North/South Carolina M: 10 Aug 1815 Shelby Co., Kentucky D: 1870-1880 , Crawford Co, IN, USA
- Spouse of Elizabeth Spears
- Spouse of Susan Goble
- Parent of Catherine "Kitty" Grimes Bennett Wellman
- Child of Leonard Grimes
- Child of Jan Vandeveer
(Find a Grave)
Probably child of Susan Goble
- Sarah "Sally" GRIMES b. 17 Jun 1811 d. 2 Jul 1895 m. James BENNETT, Sr. b. 31 Dec 1819 d. 27 Oct 1891
- John GRIMES b. 5 Apr 1819 d. 10 Oct 1899
m. Mary SANDS b. 1820 d. 3 Dec 1859
m. Zeporah SANDS b. 25 Jan 1825 d. 29 Sep 1883
m. Susannah BROWN b. 1824 d. Y
- Barbara GRIMES b. 1820 d. 2 Jul 1911
m. William BENNETT b. 5 Oct 1823 d. Y
m. Henry F. ROBBINS d. Bef 1841
- Leonard GRIMES b. 1825 d. 1870-1880 m. Philena J. MONK b. 1831 d. Y
- Elizabeth GRIMES b. 1826 d. Y m. Jesse Edward MORGAN b. 1823 d. Y
- Benjamin A. GRIMES b. 1827-1828 d. Y m. Menerva PARKS b. 1834 d. 1909
- Samuel GRIMES b. 1830 d. 1913 m. Arrabelle HUNT b. 1832 d. Y
- Abraham GRIMES b. 1831 d. Y m. Sarah PRUETT b. 1833 d. Y
- Nancy GRIMES b. 1832-1834 d. Y m. George Washington BENNETT b. 17 May 1827 d. 1912
- Katherine "Kitty" GRIMES b. 1835 d. 1910
m. Harrison BENNETT b. 22 May 1832 d. 21 Jun 1858
m. John Clark WELLMAN b. 1832-1836 d. Y
- Dicie GRIMES b. 1837 d. 1919 m. Alonzo BENNETT b. 10 Dec 1836 d. 1912
- Margaret GRIMES b. Abt 1823 d. Y m. Isaac BENNETT b. 10 Dec 1821 d. Y
Susan Gobleborn abt. 1795 or 1800, North Carolina
Other sources indicate the name as "Coble."
A son, John Grimes (1819-1899), married Susannah Brown.
Chuck Elledge attributes all children to Elizabeth Spears
Another reference (Kentucky, Statewide - Marriages early to 1800) indicates "Samuel Grimes m. Elizabeth Speer in Shelby Co., KY 10 Aug 1815." Given birth dates from aforementioned Elledge site, Sarah "Sally" Grimes seems to be the only child of Samuel and Susan. All others were born well after 1815. There is an eight year gap between Sarah and John.
Did Susan Goble die before 1815? Did they divorce?
I blogged about this at http://rdlinder.blogspot.ca/2012/05/daughters-of-samuel-grimessons-of.html
B: 1759 , , PA, USA D: 21 Oct 1833 Oldham Co., KentuckyLeonard Grimes and Jan Vandeveer are listed as having 5 children
- Abraham Grimes (married Susannah Spears, daughter of William Spears and Susan Ridens)
- Leonard Grimes, Jr. (married Sarah Spears, daughter of William Spears and Susan Ridens)
- Catherine Grimes (married John Spears, son of William Spears and Susan Ridens)
- Mary Grimes
- Samuel B. Grimes (married Elizabeth Spears, daughter of William Spears and Susan Ridens). Also married Susan Goble.
- My Son Adam's Family - there is no mention of a Mary in this genealogy, but does mention another unnamed son for Leonard and Jan
- The Arnold and Moberly Family Genealogy
- Elledge Family Tree
- Cheri & Chucks Family Tree
- Our Family (Christina Pearson)
- Tim Schaeffer Ancestry
- Oklahoma Pierces
- Henry/Davis/Johnston/Bradley and Related Lines
- Reel Boggs Family Tree
- Kendall-Paul Family Lines
- The Rohlfing-Spurgeon Family Tree
Jan VandeveerB: Abt 1760
- Ancestry.com entry - indicates (1765-1819)
- http://www.gwingenealogy.net/GENEALOGY/SURNAMES/VeatchKinseyFamily.htm - has a reference to Thomas Vandeveer, Charles Vandeveer, Aaron Vandeveer, Joel Vandeveer, George Vandeveer and Polly Vandeveer
- Logan Vandeveer - born 1815 in Kentucky. Son of William and Emily (Shackleford) Vandeveer. Had brother Zachary.
- Vandeveer Family Genealogy Forum
- Van Der Veer Genealogy - The Van Der Veer name took many spellings variations once in America and generally descends from four individuals who emigrated to America from the Netherlands; Pieter Corneliuszen Van Der Veer was in America by 1653, Jacob Vanderveer was in New Amsterdam by 1655, Michael Paul Vandervoot was in New Amstersdam in 1640, and Cornelius Janszen Van Der Veer arrived in 1659.
- 1671 Censius of the Delaware has a short section on Jacob Van Der Veer - Although there is no proof, perhaps this Jacob Van Der Veer is an ancestor of Jan Vandeveer